Hi

skyanna

Hi

I have been looking up at the heavens since 1981, I am one of the founders of Thurrock Astronomy Soceity in 1997, two years letter. My interest started to wan a bit and by 2000 stopped looking, but still watched out for all the new events in astronomy through the internet. My 3 grandchildren now aged 6,6,7 have started to become interested in astronomy ( I still have pictures of the stars and solar system around the house) over the past couple of years we have been buying them astronomy items such moons posters etc to put on their bedroom walls and even a little telescope.

So grandad has now got the bug again. It is fantastic to stand out with the grandchildren looking through my newly purchased telescopes, explaning and showing (the future of this science) the delights of the heavens.

Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome back to the sky!

Its great to experience those few moments with the youngsters when they get their first look through a telescope.

My Neice was astounded that stars were round, not spiky shaped like she had seen in her story books!

Allan

Hi Paul,

Welcome to SGL. Showing kids the wonders of the skies is always great. I've been "teaching" my kids (6 and 7) astronomy from day one (phosphorescent stars on their ceilings are real constellations!). Kids are just natural scientists, REALLY seeing what is there, because they do not know what "should" be there.

Cheers

Michael

Archived