NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello to all

mickyjd

Hi everyone i am new to this site and would like to say hello to you all and happy stargazing for 2010. I live in Sunderland and have been into astronomy for a good few years in one form or another however i am just starting to get back into it with bigger and better equipment. Any advice i can get would be much appreciated :) mickyjd

hello and welcome to the forum, id suggest clicking on first light optics at the top of the page and take a good look though some of thier scopes and accessories etc and if thiers any you like ask people about it, because they'l be more then happy to give you advice

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. I may have confused a few of you into thinking i was looking for new equipment sorry about that. I have recently bought a Celestron C8-NGT with a CG-5 German equitorial mount as i have said i have always been into astronomy and have dabbled a bit in th past with astrophotography i now have a canon 350d to mount on the telescope and this appears to be quite adequate for my needs at the moment but if anybody has any suggestions as to what other equipment i may need or would be helpful would be great. Just as a note my profile pic was taken through the new scope on Dec 28th so any suggestions on how to better this would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance Mick

Hi from me too :) I am also a recent returnee to the hobby who also was able to buy bigger an better than anything around years ago - mines the same sort of scope but the Skywatcher version.

Kit to buy ? Its endless - since taking up the hobby again I am faced with either bankruptcy or robbing a bank :)

Hi Astro_Baby thanks for the welcome i also have a skywatcher synscan 127 with goto has yours got goto and if so have you had any poblems with aligning this. I have had problems with both of mine as soon as i think i have it aligned i then find they tend to need to be realingned regularly. which is a bit of a pain but i think i must be doing something wrong somewhere. Cheers Mickyjd.

the best advice i can give you is stick to refractors when buying and you won't go far wrong i'v had all sort over the years and i always come back to refractors another tip is to join your local astro club and also get yourself down to astrofest [feb 6th] london if you can

solarboy

Archived