NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tadpoles (IC410) in narrowband WIP

Tim

This target is my current obsession, although I only have 18 subs for each filter (Ha,OIII,SII) there is already over 18 hours of imaging gone into this, but I am keen to get the number for each filter to at least 25, if not more for the OIII which seems especially weak.

Nice target for me at the moment though, I can come home from work, roll back the roof, grab about 6 hours data, do the flip and get a couple more, with just the odd nip out to the obs to make sure everything is in order.

Hopefully the skies will be a little more transparent over the next few nights and the rest of the data will come in, its been murky to say the least.

Mak-Newt 190 ( Maksutov Newtonian - Skywatcher Explorer 190MN Mak-Newt Astrograph ) with SXV-H9 mono ( Starlight Xpress - Starlight Xpress SXVR-H9 Mono CCD Camera ), 18 x 20 mins for each filter (Baader).

I have literally thrown this together to get an idea of the framing and background, and used Registar to combine the three greyscale tiffs into the RGB file, I have to say, its the simplest method I have come across.

Work in progress, comments welcomed.

Cheers

Tim

post-14037-133877418963_thumb.jpg

Looking good so far, lots of detail and colour variation,

Have a few wide field NB subs of this target myself from the last 2 weeks after working on Pacman. Time is certainly the key to these images, fortunatly we have had a long clear spell.

Cheers

The Ha is fairly bright as usual James, but the OIII seemed pretty poor, but makes a huge difference to the background, worth spending the extra time on that and the SII. I'll go back to the OIII when the moon is further away and less invasive, that should help. Seems a while since you had any pics out? Just too busy?

The Ha is fairly bright as usual James, but the OIII seemed pretty poor, but makes a huge difference to the background, worth spending the extra time on that and the SII. I'll go back to the OIII when the moon is further away and less invasive, that should help. Seems a while since you had any pics out? Just too busy?

Hi Tim

That is an excellent image as it is, really nice colour and detail. You are right about the OIII and SII and this is a recurrent problem with a lot of NB subjects that these two emission lines are very weak but patience will pay dividends if you are prepared to put the imaging time in as you have done here

Best wishes

Gordon

...Seems a while since you had any pics out? Just too busy?

Lack of clear nights and pretty busy (and the usual illnesses that come with children :)). I haven't been entirely inactive though: Tony's Reaper, Pleiades, and Crescent...

I will persevere with IC410 and have noted yours and Gordons comments, I'm usually too impatient to get hours on an object, time to change that!

James

Archived