Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 - getting better

MartinB

Another from last night.  It is very easy to get an image of M13, it is bright and in your face really but I find it a huge technical challenge to produce anything approaching the quality I have seen others manage.  Tried a load of different settings last night and eventually settled on a combination of 2 lots of subs 10x15 secs and 10x25 secs.  NS8 with fastar and Atik 2HS.  CLS filter.  aligned and combined with ImagesPlus along with some processing.  2 images combined in photoshop.  You can see the join but I've spent enough time on it! 

Better than my previous efforts but way short of Rogers achievements with the same kit.

image.jpg

Thanks James. I had to do a composite to stop the burn out. The thing that really helped me with the processing was the adaptive Richardson Lucy sharpening in ImagesPlus. Works really well on globs it seems.

The thing that really helped me with the processing was the adaptive Richardson Lucy sharpening in ImagesPlus.

Yes your right it's excellent that Martin just last week decided to play with that feature, did you use a custom Point?

No I didn't!!! That's heavy duty stuff for me James. Have been through all the videos and those filters are obviously pretty powerful. Am in the process of going through them all again and taking notes!!! (how sad is that :D)

Archived