Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC443 and C/2007Q3

paulobao

Hi,

finally I had a night without clouds, last saturday, here in Portugal. So I went outdoors to my backyard in this very light polluted town where I live and started my session at 9 PM (5ºC) and ended it at 6:20 AM (1ºC). I took some usefull Ha data of the IC443 (I will need more of that and the OIII, but I will need to wait for better nights now). At the end of session before turnig everything off, I pointed to the comet of the moment (unfortunatelly located at a light dome spot :D) I managed to capture some data.

Both images with my Tak FS102NSV @ f/6.2 + QSI532WS-M1.

IC443 - Ha_7nm: 9x20min + 9x25min

medianic443ha9x1200s9x1.png

Comet C/2007Q3 (Siding Spring) - Clear Filter: 9x3min

c2007q3.gif

Regards,

paulo @ portugal

Thanks,

for the animation: 9 x 3min frames. Calibrated (darks only, I did not took flats), aligned, save each aligned frame in JPG. Then I used Fireworks from Adobe to make the animated GIF.

Regards,

paulo

I like very much. definately something to do in the future :D

Thanks for looking and I'm glad you like it. Hope to have another night without clouds soon (it seems dificult) to continue the catch.

About the comet and for the UK: it will rise at approx. 23:15 in Coma Berenices and it will be approx 30º high at 3 PM or so.

Regards,

paulo

Thanks to all.

About the blooming: my QSI uses a KAF3200ME sensor and it is NABG one (I bought it for a more scientific purpose: photometry). For the deblooming I will need to take shorter exposures and then process them with the longer exposures in CCDStack).

Regards and MC to all,

paulo @ portugal

Archived