18mm & 12mm Paradigm Dual ED Eyepiece first light

Rob

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Ditto to the above messages, I just started using the 18mm version; so much better than the Orion US stock plossls which came orginally with my 'scope. Wide field, great colours (try them on Alberio) sharp most of the way across. And like the others say, great and friendly service from Alan at Skys unlimited. Can't wait till he gets online again to get a planetary EP from him.

• 2 years later...

I will be gettin the 8mm and the 18mm this week coming, i spoke to Alan at Skys the Limit incredibly nice man, its my birthday Thursday i can only order wednesday but Alan said he will do his best get them to me for me on my birthday, cant wait to try them out clear skies permitting.

Have the 15, 12, 8 and 5mm BSTs. Great eyepieces.

The 5mm is good for x122 in my Kson and x183 with 0.5 Barlow.

Actually prefer this latter combination to my TMB "Planetary" 3.2mm

which gives x191. Much sharper and less prone to "blackouts".

Only BST EP I don't have is the 25mm- here I find th Xcel-LX is better (and pricier!)

I am going to try the 8mm with barlow if thats ok im going to get the 5mm, i will most likely get the 12mm and 15mm ive heard the 25 mm is the blacksheep of the range so i will be looking for something in this range 25/26mm all this for christmas, as long as i get the wife something nice.

• 4 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2009 at 16:08, Rob said:

I now have 2 of these and can say they are fantastic.

Bought the 18mm & 12mm. The only thing I have noticed is the colour coded rings are different. the 18mm has a gold ring & the 12mm a blue. The image quality a1, no false colour and very little tailing near the edge in my f5!..

I've owned a number of EP's in my time, someone claimed these were equal to Meade 5000 EP's. Wrong!.. there better. The Meades display what I can only call a 'Meade yellow tinge'. These EP's dont.. clear and crisp.

Well done Skies_Unlimited!!.. very well done.

Rob

PC180424.jpg

PC180425.jpg

I have the 15mm and the 8mm and the 18 is on order. I went to a star party on Saturday and the two Paradigms were awesome. The 15 really rocked and the 8 was good but only because the conditions were not great for seeing and the 8mm at 254X was just a bit strong. Still I tried it on the moon and boy did it rock that.

Archived