Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not a clue :)

W3dge

Hi All

I have been looking at a few astronomy forums, looking to join one, and thought yours looked the best :icon_eek:

So here i am, i am more of a photographer than astronomer, but i have looked through a couple of telescopes and really enjoyed it, so i bought myself one, a second hand Meade LXD55 Schmidt-Newtonian. (bought it Sunday)

I bought this one because thats the one id previously looked though, i even took a picture of the moon, with my previous camera Nikon D40X, and said telescope, see below ...

Still on photography i also took a startrail picture back in July with my new camera Nikon D90 +kit lens. see below ...

Anyways back to the telescope, first thing that i needed was an Autostar, as the one supplied had broken. Secondly it is very dirty, the mirror and the optics, also inside the tube has several spiders webs :eek: (I will post elsewhere in these forums for advise on cleaning.)

Looking forward to setting it up and doing some star gazing :)

Pictures as promised...

moon_may09.jpg

Startrails_july09.jpg

Hi Wedge,

Welcome to SGL.

The photos look very good, especially the star trails with the castle in the foreground, very nice...:)

Good luck with the scope, the LX Meade range are very robust and should give you the perfect start to astronomy.

Welcome to SGL- thats a great star trail image!

I'm in need of a new Autostar controller to- did you manage to get one?

Stephen

Thanks for the welcome guys, and nice comments, i am really pleased with the image, but wish the trails were solid, it was my first attempt, so should not be to hard on myself. The castle itself is 'Donnington Castle' Nr Newbury, Berks, 10 min drive for me. :icon_eek:

Stephen, yer i managed to get on on ebay, guy said he had it as a backup, only been used twice, boxed as new £62.00 :) I won the auction yesterday.

Archived