NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

If the earth had rings....

johnbaz

If the Earth had rings it would probably mean that 'The Moon' had been ripped apart somehow...

This would be bad news however pretty...

Tides would be radically altered interfering with life-cycles and ecosystems...

Longer term there may be serious climate change due to disruption of rotation of the Earth and maybe extreme variations in the 'seasonal tilt' of the Earth's Axis being altered...

On the positive side... wait a few hundred million years and the debris might just coalesce into another moon!!! :headbang:

Steve

Yeah, It was the first thing I thought when I looked at the video.

My second was wondering if all the space junk we keep leaving up there would eventually migrate into a ring and got dense enough to start relecting sunlight.

And then ultimately form a 'junk-moon' !!

Think of the uses we could put that to!:headbang:

Steve

What a flight of the imagination!!

Discounting astronomy for a minute, if we had a ring system, I wonder how much it would have affected architectural design across the world? Some of those giant structures looked great with the ring system in the sky!

Wow.

Imagine ... all the creation stories would have to be altered.

Publicists or governments might project images on to them.

Scientists could seed the dust particles with bacteria and observe what happened.

Mobile phone companies could bounce signals off them(!)

I wonder what would happen to the quality of light that would pass through them/bounce off them?

The possibilities are endless....:headbang:

(Of course, Van Gogh would have to be reconstructed from remnant-ear-DNA in order to modify 'Starry Night'....)

Wow.

Imagine ... all the creation stories would have to be altered.

Publicists or governments might project images on to them.

Scientists could seed the dust particles with bacteria and observe what happened.

Mobile phone companies could bounce signals off them(!)

I wonder what would happen to the quality of light that would pass through them/bounce off them?

The possibilities are endless....:headbang:

Cruises or races along the Ring System...

Blowing up parts of the Ring system to create imprinted company logos for the whole world to see...

Archived