Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2359 aka Thor's Helmet

paulobao

Hello,

Just to show you my latest photo. Only Ha (140 min) and OIII (180 min) taken with a RCOS 12.5" and a ST8 NABG camera.

Need more time but for now is what I have. I will update it.

2 processing strategies (need to try a few more and that is the fun of this thing :rolleyes:)

Regards,

paulo @ portugal

rgbhasgoiiiwith7xha9xoi.png

86915846.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic image.

Try running focus magic on it, (setting 4) and then filter>noise in Photoshop. Then Noels actions>local contrast enhance and then reduce stars (I just tried a few of these here, and it's now tack sharp)

Hope you don't mind I just put your two edits together in photoshop as a two layer image,1st edit set as "lumance" and the 2nd set as "colour"

Mike.

Of course not :rolleyes:. I think it realy improved a lot. To many things to learn and to try yet. Thanks a lot Mike.

paulo

Focus Magic is a plug in and stand alone application (works in Photoshop, Corel PSP etc)

Truly miraculous in what it does (used by the police et al for focus enhanecments on number plates and criminals!)

Recover Detail and Sharpen Your Blurred Photos

$45 (about £28UKP ish)

Anther tip is MAxim DL and the Fat Tail deconvolution process, FT is free (Maxim isn't), but the results are pretty amazing with that also

Paulo, love those images :headbang: Are they from GRAS as well? Great target choice.

If you google Ken Crawford Astrophotography, you will find his site with a demo video of how to make the most of these images with layer mask sharpening. You get much better control of the sharpening process than with automatic methods.

GRAS is a perfect way to increase processing experience, when you are pretty much guaranteed quality data to work with.

TJ

Thanks again.

Yes TJ, is from GRAS 09. Here we have clouds and rain from 4 or 5 weeks now !

Thanks too for the tips. I will try it all over again. There is so much to learn about this. Yes, I found the automatic routines not that good. They are ok if you show a small image but at the full 100% image I found lot of image artifacts.

Regards,

paulo

Thanks. I will make another run from scratch. (and since the wether is still nasty here )-: I will have time). Anyway I will try to get more signal too but...bad weather too at the GRAS 9 yestarday and today!

Regards,

paulo

How bright is the nebulosity Paulo in Ha? I have just Stellariumed ngc2359 and now that I have moved my kit up into my half built observatory, this has now become a viable target for me I think, I am really looking forward to it! If it ever stops raining that is :headbang:

Archived