Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2359 aka Thor's Helmet

paulobao

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not resist having a little play with the image (8bit png though :headbang:). Just a quick run of the layer mask method, could spend a lot more time on this one really, bit of star reduction, and a tiny bit of local contrast enhancemant from Noels tools with blend mode set to darken and opacity to 30% or so. Probably easier to see the difference if you put as a layer on top and then hide it. The layer mask method really helps pick out edges, for instance in the top left of the image in the cloud pillars. It is an image that would thrive in Pixinsight i'm sure.

How long were the individual subs Paulo?

Cheers

post-14037-133877410662_thumb.png

Hello TJ,

there is plenty of signal in Ha. I've not stretched the signal (only the DDP from CCD stack). It is why I will reprocess it from scratch paying attention to the tips I got here :-). It seems to me that I wasted some Ha signal. As soon as I have some time I will do it !

My subs : 20 min each.

Regards,

paulo

• 2 weeks later...

Archived