Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vango Tents.

Highflight

Dont know if this is any good,i bought a gelert saturn 4 man.easy to erect bedroom at each end i use one for sleeping and the other for scope and stuff and its got a large living area.used it in the new forest it threw it down for two days but the tent was tight as a drum.got mine from argos half price really good tent.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vango Icarus 500 plus porch. Plenty of headroom and storage for scopes. Really well thought out kit, Madame won't camp, so it's a one man tent,Nick.

Samw here - great tent and this SGL will be it's 4th star party.

I'm a great fan of these tents but they're not cheap. http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/search/index/?category=171&Brand%5B%5D=Terra+Nova&keyword=keyword&search=search

However, they do last and last. I spent about 2 months a year living in tents over a 25 year spell so I like to know they're going to work!

If you use a groundsheet protector, which is a good idea, it must be significantly smaller than the integral groundsheet or water will puddle on top of it and it will be badly counter-productive.

Olly

Vango Icarus 500 plus porch. Plenty of headroom and storage for scopes. Really well thought out kit, Madame won't camp, so it's a one man tent,Nick.

Samw here - great tent and this SGL will be it's 4th star party.

Me three :D The porch extension is a great add-on.

Hi,

I have an Outwell Trout Farm 4 tent for star parties and general camping. It is great and you can easily

stand up which I believe is a must for anything longer than one night at a site and especially if the

weather is ropey.

However, I have a Mountain Quasar 2-man tent which I can carry in the mountains. Brilliant in really bad

weather that hits Scotland at certain times of the year. You cannot stand up in this tent, but there have

been times when you could not stand up outside either!

Both are very pricey, but the quality is definitely of a high standard, both tents have been bad weather in Scotland and I have survived...

Cheers

Adrian

Me three :D The porch extension is a great add-on.

Me 4! Although, it will be the first time I've used it!! Had to buy a new tent as I found a HUGE split between the groundsheet and the wall of our old tent! Went to a couple of camping shops and finally decided upon the Vango Icarus 500. Glad to hear that you are all enjoying using yours! Bought a canopy, footprint and carpet as well so hoping it will do the job if the wet weather is really bad.

Only problem... I bought it with the expectation that there would be 2 of us going to SGL... now my other half can't make it, so am now putting up a new tent on my own!! Are they as easy to erect as they look?

Hi Rae,

I believe they are relatively easy given a fair wind!

I would recommend putting it up before SGL just in case any parts are missing.

I will be at SGL from the Monday, I could be available to help erect the tent, if I know when you will

be arriving.

I think I am pitch 17 on the Kingfisher field.

Cheers

Adrian

Aw thanks Adrian!

Ive already checked that all parts are there, but unfortunately, there isn't enough room to put it up in my garden so I can try to do it by myself! I've watched some YouTube vids and it does look fairly simple. The advice I've been given by the people in the shop (I rang them after I found out I'd be on my own) is to peg down the back first, then pull it out pole-by-pole and peg in each in turn before securing it all around. Sounds simple! But, you're right - it may be harder to do this if its windy!

I'll be arriving on the Thursday, sometime between 12-1 and am in pitch 28e (by the river). I'll give you a shout if I need help if that's ok? I promise I'll have Jaffa cakes as a reward!

• 3 weeks later...

Getting very excited now... And have booked a couple of extra days so will now be arriving on Tuesday!

Still fairly confident that I'll cope with he tent but its good to know that there will be people there should any help be required! Thanks to you all!

• 5 months later...

Archived