NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27, M57, M16 and M104

qcdougn

Hi Daz,

Thanks for the kind response. If I remember correctly, I believe I took about 80 @ 40 sec. - ISO 800 and about 20 @ 1600. You gotta watch out not to burn out the center.... I was somewhat lucky...guessing at how to shoot it. (Then again, seem them better and seen them worst.) :)

Doug

there ya go Doug , lovely images mate , glad u made it here and i,m sure a lot of interest from everyone here with similar setups to you . i must say the images u are producing now are very encouraging mate , well done , and please keep them coming , see u in a week , of on hols now

Rog

:)

Doug

Great set of images. As Daz, I like the image of 104.

Just bought the same camera you are using, and when skies clear here I want to have a play.

Keep the images coming, the SGL could do with some at the moment.

:)

MD

Hi Kain,

It took a few years to accumulate the "Toys". I don't have the best, but have been blessed with a very adequate scope and camera. Then it's a matter of spending a lot of time with not so much success. I don't know much, but maybe can help you occassionally.

Regards,

Doug

There a lovely selection of images Doug very impressive from your setup, The Veil Nebula (Eastern Part) is stunning i like the way the Stars colours have been kept in the processing saying this there a great pics :).

Thanks for the link it was most entertaining looking at your images.

Regards

James :)

Hi Chubster,

If you mean, can you get excellent solar system pictures with your ToUcam? The answer is absolutely. But your TouCam won't be useful at all for any DSO's...maybe some of the brightest ones if you have a SC mod done to it...Even then, the DSO's will be marginal in quality. But, moon and planet pics are very nice with the 740K.

Doug

Can i expect to get images like this with my scope and philips toucam ? Once im able to use them correctly that is :) ????

You will be able to get something close Chub but it will take a bit of work. Don't know what mount you are using but an HEQ should be able to give you 90 secs unguided at F4.5 if it is well polar aligned. If you mod your Toucam to an SC1.3 you will have a sensitive monochrome camera albeit a bit noisy and with quite a narrow field of view. Work on brighter "easier" targets 1st eg M51 M27 in monochrome. Once you are getting things in focus and have an idea re exposure times etc you can move onto colour if that is what you want to do. The only way you can do this is with colour filters.

The jist is you have an 8" scope so you are getting as much light as Doug. You will just need to put in some extra work on account of your limited camera.

Archived