Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Shall I clean the secondary?

Clean it?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Clean it?

• It’s filthy! Get it out and cleaned immediately. You’ll notice a real difference.
    • Leave it. It will hardly make any difference to your viewing.

Most people will vote leave well alone and I would have been one of them until I removed both my mirrors and cleaned them.

I can tell you I was pretty nervous but afterwards I think back and say there was nothing to it.

It's easier then you would think and it does make a slight difference.

I vote if you are not happy with it, then clean it. Just make sure you can collimate afterwards.

I vote clean it, did mine and will do both the main and secondary once every 3/4 months, that seems to be the amount of time between dewing(viewing) sessions that it takes for mine to get fuzzy. I suppose I could get some dew straps to try and alleviate things, but I'm getting fed up of the cloud round here;). Also gets you into collimation quite easily. But follow the basic guidelines and do it carefully.

Regards

Keithp

Spooky - just back from my garage where I cleaned my secondary - loads of dew marks etc on it

Of course, it didn't need it, but hey what's the fuss ? Just makes sure you use BPC Surgical cotton Wool and plenty of distilled water to rinse.

I'm dead chuffed with my very spangly mirror... Go on ! You know it makes sense

i vote get a hurricane blower i have one and it makes mine dust free as for cleaning it i would wait, i have taken my mirror out and given it a good blow over but i dont fancy scratching the finish on the mirror.;)

Archived