Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6960 Kelling 2009

Ford Prefect

OK, I know it’s been a while since Kelling but I’ve only just got round to processing images ( spent last weekend making cider :D ), anyway back on topic.

This image was taken on the Sunday night and very nearly didn’t get taking at all due to a due spot developing on the QHY8 nose piece and my scope very nearly running into the mount due to the fact I forgot I needed to do a meridian flip and fell asleep, luckily disaster was averted and the resulting image is below.

I’m still struggling with egg shaped stars with the MN 190 at exposures longer that 5 mins due to flex but DSS has made the best of what I got. The image is also cropped due to me framing the star in the centre of the FOV rather that the object!!!! DOH!!!!

It’s only a quick process due to time constraints so any suggestions for improvements are welcome :D

OTA: SW 190 Mak Newt

Guiding: William Optics 90 DSI pro II PHD

QHY8 MaximDL, 30x300s

Stacked using: DeepSkyStacker

Processed using PSCS2

post-14336-133877402397_thumb.jpg

Archived