Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Open thank you to Lumenera Corp

NickH

The guys at Lumenera sent an email over a few days ago. They saw the LWR image, courtesy of Damian sending them some info, and as a result donated over $3000 from internal company wide donations and some additional sponsored events to Cystic Fibrosis in Canada.

Seriously this brought a lump to my throat...and I cannot thank them enough, not only for making some seriously great kit, but for this kind and generous donation, which came from the staff on the ground.

As it stands then, including the donations on the website, we have so far raised just short of $5000 for CF from this, which may not sound like a huge amount compared to things like Live Aid :-), but it means so much to the people involved and concerned, and Lumenera have backed up their support with something real and meaningful, not just tried to jump on the bandwagon to help sell more cameras... (no names mentioned!)

Lunar World Record 2009 for more info

and

StreetInsider.com - Lumenera Corporation Helps Set Guinness World Record

for one of the many newswire releases.

What a brilliant gesture, and with no intent to gain exposure

(No pun, honest.) for their products. I think that is tremendous Nick.

Let's face it, Luminera's best Ad; is their cameras. They are exceptional, and unsurpassed on lunar work IMHO.

Ron.

What a brilliant gesture, and with no intent to gain exposure

(No pun, honest.) for their products. I think that is tremendous Nick.

Let's face it, Luminera's best Ad; is their cameras. They are exceptional, and unsurpassed on lunar work IMHO.

Ron.

Money to a very worthwhile cause..

Generosity and quality of product not-withstanding..

it would be good though if they made their cameras (astro tuned ones) more accessible to UK and European buyers and put them in the hands of a distributor who actually wanted to sell them to the people who want to use them.

Archived