NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

very much delayed witches broom from Salisbury

dogfish

Hi all,

My first (and probably last) image posted on SGL (moving back to visual as this imaging lark is such hard work).

19 x 10 minute subs at ISO800, with 18 darks, 61 flats and 61 bias frames

WO Megrez 72/ unmodded Canon 350D

HEQ5 Pro, guided with a WO ZS66SD / QHY5 / EQMOD

Taken at Salisbury Star Party, with mucho assistance from Ian (Starflyer).

Cropped to get rid of out of shape stars at the edges.

Comments welcome.

Cheers, Martin

post-13314-133877401459_thumb.jpg

Gary,

You're too kind but the weather here in Glasgow (as you know and what a summer) just means imaging doesn't make sense. I've nowhere handy to set up nowadays, having moved back into town. More importantly, I actually get more of a buzz out of the visual side, so the 12" flextube should keep me going for a while.

Martin

Great image Martin, definitely going out with a bang with that one :o

You'll have a great time with a big dob, I hope you can get it in time for Kielder, I'm looking forward to hunting some different targets from my Hidden Gems book. I've already got one lined up to try and image but it's a faint one.

Real shame it's your first and last DSO posted here but I understand your reasons :)

Ian

It's a shame Martin as it's a great image let's hope you catch the bug in the future. Looking forward to your observing reports :o

Regards

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Perhaps when I retire to the South of France and get a permanent set up in an obsy.

I'll definitely be posting observing reports with the new dob when I start working my way through the Herschel 400 in earnest.

Cheers, Martin

You'll have a great time with a big dob, I hope you can get it in time for Kielder, I'm looking forward to hunting some different targets from my Hidden Gems book. I've already got one lined up to try and image but it's a faint one.

I'm hoping to have it by then, Ian. Got a few feelers out for the sale of my kit and I'll post an advert here tomorrow when I've taken some pics.

Cheers, Martin

Very nice image Martin. I understand your frustration with the learning curve for this type of imaging. With Glasgow weather being so poor (one observing night every 2-3 weeks being the average last Winter) it is very difficult to get on top of this imaging lark.

My 12" flextube is great - easy observing. An astrotrac then allows me to dabble in some simple astrophotography at the same time.

I have e-mailed you re your kit for sale - might take some of it off your hands - just to help fund your flextube, you understand.

Tom

Archived