Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

bins on a plane

ron.s.g

Just dont go tramping about the UN Buffer Zone with them.. Especially if you go to Nicosia or near the Turkish observation towers/posts...

Myself and a friend had a 'stroll' around there with bins and cameras a few years back while working in Cyprus and were 'invited' to leave the area rather quickly by the UN forces on duty... ( guns were pointing at us at one point)...

Enjoy the trip though..

Lovely country.

Steve

Blimey.

I took my binos on a plane to France this year and never even thought of the pressure issue.

All I could think about was Ryanair's weight limits and how it stopped me taking binos and an extra pair of sandals!

Every year, I swear I'll never fly with them again, and every year I do...:)

Hi all,

the glasses are big and anti fog(nitrogen filled),

which made me think they may be sealed so i am concerned about the pressure breaking the lenses.

regards ron.s.g.

ps Lulu its getting that all airlines are starting to charge for every item we take on the plane now, but have ryanair started to charge for the toilet yet which was an item in the paper a while back....

If you hand carry your binos, rather than put them in the hold, then cabin pressure is not going to be an issue (unless of course it suddenly becomes one, in which case a pair of binos would be the least of your worries). Cargo holds are not, to my knowlege, pressurised, but I stand to be corrected, they do transport animals in cargo holds, and they seem to survive.

Thank you everyone,

last thing i want is to destroy a good pair of bins,

will put them in my rucksack and take on with me,

i was worried as i have seen what pressure does to a bag of crisp or bottle of water( very interesting results ).

regards ron.s.g

My Opticron monocular does tens of thousands of miles of air travel a year in my carry-on bag and I've never encountered a problem.

Wish I could say the same for my stomach!!

I have had to get it out of the bag at security in some countries though. (the monocular, not the stomach) :o

Cheers

Rob

Archived