Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi From Brum!

CaptPaul

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul, & welcome to SGL.

A good place to start would be FLO (see header at top of page), they have a good range, & are very helpful, just not in Brum.

You can get a lot of good advice from the guys & gals here, but to start with, what's your budget, & are you buying for observing or for imaging as well?

Tony

well i put a post in a different place on here and got some advice so for my budget (about 175-200) alot of people keep saying the skywatcher explorer 130PM so i think im goin for that one. :) also i would like to do some photography but not for a good while yet i would have to start saving for a camera so at the moment just for observing so i can find my way around and learn about what i want to photograph. :grin:

Do you know of any good places to go with dark skys around??

I travel 30mins down the M54 to shropshire way, much better skies out that way. If you have a look at google maps it will give you a good idea, then concat local farmers and ask if you can use their land. One way i found out was usefull is to have a drive round in the day and see what you like the look off, its always better to have a look in the day time just so you know your way around a bit.

Welcome Paul, can't help with the shops up in Brum but can give a big thumbs up to our sponsors First Light Optics - their delivery is really really fast and if you give them a call they can help you over the phone with your purchase :)

Looking forward to your first light report! :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Im completly the opporsite side :s great barr.

It would have been good by me as its near Barr Beacon which so they say is the highest point around and if you went in a straight line the next highest point would be in Russia!!! however its been closed at night now... too much parked cars and funny suspension problems up there!

Archived