Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet 73P !

Hi all

Here are a couple of images from Saturday morning (about 1am).

First one (129_2910as.jpg) was taken with my new Canon 70-200mm f4L at 200mm / f5.6 @ 800 ISO, 92 seconds, mounted pigyback on the Megrez/EQ5, quite pleased with it not sure which part of the comet it is though :D. Think with the size of the CCD in the 350D the focal length of the lens works out to 320mm

Second one (lyrac2s.jpg) was taken with my new Canon 50mm f1.8, 800ISO, two exposures at f5.6 of 95+185 seconds and one at f3.2 of 66 seconds stacken in registax, much wider field this one (once again with the size of the CCD in the 350D I think the focal length of the lens works out to 80mm), shows Vega nice and bright all of Lyra and the same part of the comet I think over to the middle right of the frame but in the centre of the frame there seems to be another object (blur ?), could this be another faint part of the comet ?

Think I'm gonna love using these new lenses :D.

Anyhoo hope you like (I do :D, it's my first comet images), any comments as allways most welcome.

Alan.

post-12879-133877320107_thumb.jpg

post-12879-133877320113_thumb.jpg

Very nice Alan :D

This is the type of astrophotography that appeals to me most - wide field, open sky, constellations, clusters.

Hope to have a go myself later this year...

(Can't imagine what the fuzzy is in image 2 :scratch:)

Archived