NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Nirvana UWA Eyepieces

The new Skywatcher Nirvana UWA eyepieces are clearly related to another premium range of ultra-wide eyepieces (yes, I know :)).

skywatcher_nirvana_uwa_eyepieces.jpg

• Ultra-wide 82 degree apparent FOV

• Excellent edge of field correction.
  • High quality multicoatings.
  • Internal baffling and blackened lens edges.
  • Threaded for filters.

For more details and up-to-date prices please see our website.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good that Skywatcher now have a really credible range of eyepieces. For ages, while their scopes were good, their eyepiece ranges were a bit lacklustre I felt.

I'd love to do a back to back comparison between the Nirvana 28mm and my Nagler 31mm :)

John

Funny you should say that John, I've just picked up some Naglers including a 16mm and 7mm....

Tony..

Very nice Tony :)

If it's the Type 5 16mm then it's a scaled down version of the 31mm I believe. A very sharp eyepiece indeed.

John

I'd love to do a back to back comparison between the Nirvana 28mm and my Nagler 31mm :headbang:

We'll send you one if you are happy to write a review for SGL. We'll also send a Pentax 30mm XW as it is a direct competitor to the 31mm TeleVue. It'd make an interesting group-test. You will however need to take off your pro-Televue cap, at least while writing it :)

Its a good point Helen, I confess I had hoped that there would have been more of a price difference between the Skywatcher and William Optics.

It is worth noting that William Optics have absorbed the huge price increases we saw from Skywatcher and Celestron. This has effectively made WO products more affordable when compared to the competition. I am guessing that is why Skywatcher cannot significantly undercut them.

Currently I would think the WO badged versions will have a greater resale value, but they do cost a little more. What the heck, unless you are badge-conscious you might as well go for whatever is in stock.

We'll send you one if you are happy to write a review for SGL. We'll also send a Pentax 30mm XW as it is a direct competitor to the 31mm TeleVue. It'd make an interesting group-test. You will however need to take off your pro-Televue cap, at least while writing it :)

Steve,

I've PM'd you about this very interesting offer.

John

I will be interested to hear what a self-confessed TeleVue fan thinks of them...

I'm going to look at these with no pre-conceived ideas Steve, I promise :)

Thanks very much for the opportunity to have a look at, and through them - much appreciated :headbang:

I'll write up and post a report as soon as I can.

John

I find myself drooling! :) I'll be watching this space with rapped attention. It's got me making a list!!! Do I look for a new focuser, new eyepeices, poss mpcc or prioritise the lottery tickets that will pay for it all!!! :headbang:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived