NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

imaging camera

Hi Guys

With all these star parties we are attending, been looking at my kit.

once of the things i have been considering is a new CCD camera.

No ideally i would rather invest in a decent SLR camera which can be used for photography as well as astrophotography.

So any advice there would be greatly appreciated.

Also i was on BCF website and noticed these cameras.

Telescope House CCD Cameras

Are they any good?

Edit

To be honest, heres my situ, i have around £300 to spend on equipment for this. I would like very much though to purchase an SLR digital camera which can also be used for imaging, can anyone recommend a good camera to suit these requirements?

Many thanks in advance for your advise

Please advise, many thanks

Al

seems i just missed the bid on that one, but it gives me an idea thanks!

Also illustrates how my budget may not be big enough to afford a decent one.

Spoke to Dave Eagle last night who advises a decent, decent DSLR could cost up to 1K. OUCH

i'll keep looking for one though, thanks again

is this one any good?

CANON EOS 1000D + EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II LENS NEW!!! on eBay, also, Digital Cameras, Photography (end time 25-Jun-09 11:06:00 BST)

Getting my cheque book out!!

Remember now lads i want this for Deep sky as well as planetary imaging, i am a total novice in these matters!

Thanks again for all your help, i am ready to take the plunge, just need to be sure hehehe

hmmm, i still have a toucam for that.

Now Ant, being a tad analytical here, you said it would be a "good start" for DSOs, does this mean it would be ace for imaging things like M51 or Centaurus A etc?

I realise a really decent one can cost anything up to a grand.

I am not looking to be the next david bailey or David Malin, just want to start producing images of the calibre some of the people on here are doing :-)

Sorry for being a pain, i am readying myself to buy that camera now! :-)

I have a 300D and the lack of cooling is starting to be a pain. I'm getting quite a lot of noise.

This may be specific to the way that I'm processing my images, I'm not sure yet! The 1000D suffer with less noise than mine

The Live view will be worth it's weight in gold.

Have a look at the images that I've posted in the DSO section and some of them are up on my site.

But more importantly look some the images that Billy (amongst others) have taken with their dSLR's. That will give you an idea of what results your going to get.

Ant

Hi Guys

Advise needed again please :-)

Seems that there is an issue with the seller i bought the camera from, long story.

Anyway, looking at the argos catalogue i see some other cameras i would like your opinion on.

Here are the links, are these any good? What factors in purchasing a DSLR should i be looking for?

Buy Olympus E420 10MP DSLR Camera with 14-42mm Lens. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Otherwise there is a list of them here

You searched for DLSR CAMERAS - 55 results

Please feel free to post links of any you think are suitable to my needs.

Many thanks again for your help here guys

Why don't you contact Astronomiser. He sells cameras already modded I believe. The 350D should be a bit cheaper than the models that supercede it. From the 450d and up, the camera gives a live view which can be a useful asset.

Ron.

Well chaps against all odds i went shopping in mk city centre and bought a Canon D1000 DSLR camera

Its a truly ace job, can wait to get to use it.

Into the bargain the display model is all they had left, so they shaved 10% off, got it for a shade of £300 not bad!

looking forward to trying it out.

It takes some ace terrestrial shots too!

Thanks again all for your assistance with all this

Archived