NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter with a 80mm F5 Frac

OXO

Setup the scope for Jupiter last night under pea soup conditions the sky was Orange with the glow from the lights below and mixed in with the high clouds and mist hehe.

But as seeing anything our days other than clouds i thought i would look at Jupiter with the Celestron 80mm Frac. Watching the Moons do there dance over a couple of hours was Fun so i managed to get this image after observeing.

Toucam Pro2 Sc1.5

2X Barlow(Orion shorty 3-Element)

Frames 200

Photoshopped

Quite pleased with the Result esp for the 80mm Frac :lol:

James

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blumming heck :shock: thats superb. the image scale and complete lack of false colour are amazing for the type of scope. In fact you have less false colour and larger scale than i had with 100ED and 5x powermate. I've seen some images taken with the 80ED and they can't match that.....nice job! And you have a gem of a scope.

Russ

Cheers Russ, the image scale was gained by pulling the 2Barlow out of the Diagonal(About half way) also the Diagonal was out of the Focuser 1/4 of the way too he he this helped greatly with the image scale. False colour was beaten by lowering the Saturation in the Camera settings and Manually setting the White Balance to an acceptable level of colour.

Should also add i was imaging at 5FPS this really does help(At least me) with the resulting image from the stack certainly more defined and resolution is better, you do lose out on the amount of frames to stack but the ones you capture are better ones and i guess thats what matters?..

The Scope is deff a little Gem..

Thanks

James :lol:

Amazing James. Great tremendous detail for a little scope. sometime murky conditions can provide good seeing.

I've tried doing a comparison between 5 10 and 15 fps but none had enough detail to allow a comparison.

Archived