Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Trails 4th May Camera B

3 hours ago, Paul M said:

I'm not seeing anything. It's an empty image file.

Press play it fades in.

7 minutes ago, Earl said:

Press play it fades in.

Not for me. The play button isn't active and the video length is reported as 0.00!

That's with Chrome on Ubuntu.

11 hours ago, Paul M said:

Not for me. The play button isn't active and the video length is reported as 0.00!

That's with Chrome on Ubuntu.

no ideo on Linux sorry Windows only here

It’s playing here on my devices so not sure - the forum doesn’t do anything particularly clever with video files so it may be down to the video format and codecs used originally as to whether they will play or not on other devices…

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Working fine on my windows 10 desktop. Nice video, I like the way more star trails appear as it gets darker.

Edited by glafnazur
Cat on keyboard
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grant said:

It’s playing here on my devices so not sure - the forum doesn’t do anything particularly clever with video files so it may be down to the video format and codecs used originally as to whether they will play or not on other devices…

Interesting points.

1.jpg.be671542e5017b3ed3d432559bbdc947.jpg2.jpg.b8dd9a6e5ae3f79a122e443044e2ad03.jpg

Edited by Earl

Plays on my (Mac) laptop/desktop and iPad  (after a long delay) - there's a long white screen lead in so some might think it's only playing a white screen. I see what you mean about the pauses Earl but I'm afraid I've no idea what's done that!

James

Posted (edited)

the white screen fade into trails is as intended as thats how it comes out the camera as its over exposed until dark. Stars appear at around 5-6 seconds

Edited by Earl

1 minute ago, Earl said:

the white screen fade into trails is as intended as thats how it comes out the camera as its over exposed until dark.

This may be so, but the video doesn't play on all devices. Android phone - OK, laptop win 11 no, laptop win 10 no.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

This may be so, but the video doesn't play on all devices. Android phone - OK, laptop win 11 no, laptop win 10 no.

no idea, I cant replicate this issue and Grant finds the same

Edited by Earl

Posted (edited)

I can downlaod the video from the forum via right click and it also works fine

Edited by Earl

50 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

2 laptops says no, android phone and another laptop say yes.

Even the youtube video?

Posted (edited)

For what it's worth ... Win 10 shows what looks like a placeholder and the play button is greyed out. Android play button greyed out. Win 11 and iPhone both work.

iPhone shows the video stop and start.

The YouTube video works with no glitches and is reasonably smooth.

There's a smart lesson to be learned here but as I'm not smart I've no idea what it is 😁

Dave.

Edited by davew

YouTube video works fine on my Android phone as well but that's probably because YouTube has rencoded the video after you uploaded. Maybe the original was encoded in some proprietary(ish) Microsoft format?

However, nice video now that I can see it 😁