My Obsy moves along

daz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up the new 12" that will live in there :) : D: :D

No chance to get it finished this week, and away next, so it will be early June - but I can't wait to get it all up and running!!

Gary - I know there ONE picture you are looking forward to seeing!!!! :)

Rog - yep, I really, really cannot wait now to get the mount set and and ready to go.

The new 12" f/4 has moved in, so now I can get the pier correctly set and finalised.

• 3 weeks later...

More progress...

First coat of new paint applied to the side panels, just the beams left to do now. Reglazed and sealed the window at the front - and annoyingly managed to crack to the top left hand corner putting it back in situ!!

And have got the Beast mounted, and with the excellent radius blocks from John Rose, on the M3 SBS bar as well!!

I also managed to get a quick peek through the scope at Vega - though space is tight for me and the step ladder. My racing snake figure stands me in good stead!!! :icon_salut:

Anyway, piccies....

post-12674-133877377265_thumb.jpg

post-12674-13387737727_thumb.jpg

post-12674-133877377275_thumb.jpg

post-12674-13387737728_thumb.jpg

post-12674-133877377286_thumb.jpg

Still to do....

1. Paint beams

2. Finish pier top properly (I couldn't wait :icon_salut: )

3. Lay carpet

4. Internal layout

I figure the best way for the internal layout is to live in it for a while, and see what needs to go where. The only thing I am sure of at the moment is where the PC will go. The rest will find its own home I guess...

Thanks looking really really cool now Daz, it'll be a 5* ob once you put the carpet down.

I'm so envious of you all building your obs. I built a 20 X 26 ft music studio when I lived in my 3 bed house but since we moved to a 1 bed flat in a better area costing the same as the 3 bed house I've really missed having a garden. However, we are hoping to move into a house again next year with a garden so all these designs will help me build a really goon one.

Cheers

Neil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, have now "moved in" properly and started to fit things out. I boarded the "warm room" bit, painted it, got some storage shelving in, got a red LED light and most importantly, got a scope mounted on that fab EQ6 pier adapter!!

Many thanks Gary, it is spot on!!!

So, to the piccies...

Damp proof strip to prevent rain from bouncing up under the front of the roof

daz-albums-observatory-picture2026-damp-proof-strip-added-front-rear-prevent-rain-ingress.jpg

The PC and workstation

daz-albums-observatory-picture2027-pc-workstation.jpg

Moon map and storage space

daz-albums-observatory-picture2028-moon-map-storage-rack.jpg

Storage and ED80 mounted

daz-albums-observatory-picture2029-ed80-mounted-pier-showing-storage-all-those-boxes.jpg

Close up of the pier adapter

daz-albums-observatory-picture2030-close-up-pier-adapter.jpg

And again

daz-albums-observatory-picture2031-close-up-top-part-pier-adapter.jpg

The red LED light - cool or what!

daz-albums-observatory-picture2032-inside-red-led-rope-light.jpg

:)

Archived