NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bodes and Cigar Galaxies and friends plus the Angel and some IFN

Here are three images of old favourites M81 M82 and surrounding area at different scales put together out of data collected over the last 5 years from Esprit150SX46LRGBHa (20hrs), Esprit100ASI1600 RGB and Ha (20hrs), GT71QHY600 Lum (6hrs), GT71ASI2600mc RGB (6hrs) Samyang135ASI2600mc RGB (13hrs) and Askar200QHY600 Lum (12hrs)  all from my Bortle4/5 backyard observatory.  Processed in Pixinsight and Photoshop.

Thanks for looking 

Dave

M81_M82_L_HaRGB_Final_1Mar24_crop.thumb.png.37b585d4f2b820f531c38f1161d6ac2e.png

M81_M82_IFN_GT71_Final_V2_4Mar24.thumb.png.d01b530ddb869d961512ca878be7af3d.png

M81_M82_IFN_WideField_Samyang_RGB_MidStretch_Final_V2_4Mar24.thumb.png.55d572eeabb22999ea13ba1ea338fb88.png

• Like 33

Wonderful trio of images, each very impressive in it's own right. They would be great material for one of those "zooming through the Universe" type of animations.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tomato said:

Wonderful trio of images, each very impressive in it's own right. They would be great material for one of those "zooming through the Universe" type of animations.

Thanks Steve...   gret aidea... if only I knew how !

17 hours ago, callisto said:

Wow... the third one is stunning 😮

Thanks Callisto

16 hours ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Great images. It is wonderful to see 3 images covering a vast distance.

Thanks Mark

16 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Great images, the third one is especially impressive. Seems like there isn't really any background empty space in this region, just dust all around.

Thank you 

9 hours ago, WolfieGlos said:

What a great set of images Dave, great detail up close and widefield. Well worth the effort over the years.

Thanks..   I think I can pout this to bed for a while now!

9 minutes ago, gorann said:

They are all great images Dave! I assume you know that the third one contains The Volcano Nebula, which is Nr 3 in the Mandel-Wilson Catalogue of Integrated Flux Nebulae (I once imaged it with a RASA https://www.astrobin.com/bftjgc/E/)

Thanks Goran...   hmm  I 'll need to check when back from our little trip away..  it seems I may have mislabled it..

Dave