Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd Light DMK21.... From Copernicus to Plato and Beyond...

Psychobilly

I thought I try the mini-mossaic before tackling the bigger one tomorrow...oops later today... and I though processing DSO images was time consuming...

So here's 4 panes each a Registrax5 processed stack from 3000 frames DMK21AU04.AS @ 60 fps CPC800 XLT @ f10 Baader Planetarium UV/IR Cut... reduced 50% for forum post...

[ATTACH]21912[/ATTACH]

Pity there was high cloud again - I can't wait for better conditions...

Peter....

Cheers Gaz...

Need to do a bit more work on matching the exposure between panes and i need to feather the joins... I'll probably rework it

Just working on the whole moon mosaic ... going to be a few more hours yet though...probably get all the stacking done and leave the mosaicing until I have some ugly sleep...

At least I have found something to do on moon washed nights - I guessed it might happen once i had the gear to get close to doing luna justice...

Peter...

I'm no expert but, rather than try to match the exposures between the individual panels, I find it easier to find an exposure that "works" for the whole of the area you want to capture in the mosiac, merge them and then adjust the wole thing in Photoshop.

I think "your way" gives potentially better results but I find it also sometimes drives me crosseyed and half mad!!!

;O)

Very impressive Peter. It seems patience is indeed a virtue.

Hope you get some sleep sometime soon.

Stupid question: how have you increased the magnification from your earlier shots? I assumed that the DMK was fitted directly into the back of the SCT, with just and IR filter?

That's a nice mosaic Peter.

I agree with Gaz about the exposure. I try and find the area with the brighest feature and expose for that. This stops the highlights getting burned out. If you have a very wide dynamic range in a shot/series of shots and want to make sure you don't lose too much shadow detail try upping the gamma a bit on the camera.

Thanks peeps...

I stopped processing the 69 pane mosaic at 4 am when it looks like I have missed a "strip" might have got it in another data ste from last night so I am just about to get back onto it... must have happened during one of last nights IS Capture crashes when it takes 2-3 minutes to get teh PC back up...

I scan the whole "disk" and then set the exposure from that with the gain and exposure set to manual... what I am talkign about is the slight variation stack to stack which I guess was caused by the high cloud... I'll post some DSLR images to show what it was like later today...

On this 4 pane one I have cropped slightly to close to the edge on one sub so theres some noise vissible along the "join" so i'll redo that as well...

Jarndyce - last night I had an f6.3 focal reducer on the scope tonight I imaged at f10.

Peter...

Missing a strip is "a right of passage"...trust me

69 panes...

tiddler.... ;-)...trust me... (ask Trevor)

Indeed I know ... but got to start somewhere :icon_rolleyes: and you realise your just lining yourself up for some "daft" questiosn when you get back from across the pond...need to get to the bottom of the IS Capture crashing issue though - it look like its linked to the total ammount of data written to the HDD in a "session" as I can write more shorter sequences...

But thanks again for helping me to select the right "acorn" this time Nick....

Peter....

IS captured crashed on me a few times (after the review needless to say), found it was due to adjusting settings between large runs..

Could not get any debug out of it sadly, or could have told em what the bug was...

Cracking result Peter. What are you using to mosaic them ? Good luck on 69 panes. I thought 18 was a pane. Not had the conditions or got the setup right to try this with a barlow as well yet.

Took 69 used about 65 wish Registrax5 would use this machine to its full potential rather than just running on a single core... it took me about 6 hours to process all the avi's and another hour just to place them roughly in CS3....

I'm old fashioned John I do them by hand in CS3...

I Could have reduced the processing by a factor of 4....

Peter...

Nice work.:icon_rolleyes:

I am in the same boat, last night was first light for my new DMK.;)

I had two crashes with IC capture but it was when I tried to run an AVI through Registax 5 while imaging.

I hope to get round to processing the data soon.

Mike.

YUV codec format Mike... Y800 I seem to remember was the one. Registax could e funny..

But it's a year since I had one, so somebody else may be able to help there

Archived