Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delite: 9mm or 4mm

I've had a number of 4mm eyepieces. The 4mm SLV was excellent; I'm still using a 4mm TOE and 4mm Nirvana - both these are excellent too. 

We are spoiled for choice!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moonlit Night said:

I won’t be deviating away from Delites. I absolutely trust them to be comfortable and just do what they are supposed to. I can just use them and forget about them, the entire line is predictable in its excellence. 

I totally agree. They have the most similar characteristics of any single EP range I’ve ever used. A lot of people seem to think the 18.2 is the outstanding Delite, but I’ve had the 3, 4, 7, 11 and 18.2 and find it impossible to split them. 

20 hours ago, Moonlit Night said:

I was surprised there wasn’t a single advocate of the 9mm, someone even mentioned the 18.5mm. I think the 4mm makes much more sense. 

I would expect that the 9mm would perform as impeccably with the same consistent relaxed comfortable eye placement and parfocal alignment as the rest in the line. Personally do not have one, since I mix DeLites up with Delos and dont want to crowd out that particular (medium / high) marginal focal length too much. 9mm is purposeful though, I had a 9mm Nagler T5 for a time, though perhaps as with yourself, simply prefer a relaxed 20mm eye relief, afforded to DeLites and Delos.  

Edit: T6

Edited by scarp15
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Louis D said:

I've found my 9mm Morpheus to perform almost identically to my 10mm Delos, just wider in AFOV.

The 9mm Morpheus is a great eyepiece.  I'm continually surprised at its great contrast and sharpness.