Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Space flight programs on BBC TV Monday 12th February

reddoss

BBC 2 9.00pm - The Space Shuttle that fell to Earth

BBC 4 10.00pm - 8 Days: To the Moon and back

BBC 4 11.30pm - Stargazing: Moon Landing special

I have seen all the above programs, but worth watching again in my opinion.

Edited by reddoss
  • Like 2

From what I can see, the BBC are treating the Columbia loss as more of a drama than a scientific investigation , typical Beeb.

The incomparable Scott Manley has a deep analysis on YT

22 hours ago, DaveS said:

From what I can see, the BBC are treating the Columbia loss as more of a drama than a scientific investigation , typical Beeb.

The incomparable Scott Manley has a deep analysis on YT

The Guardian gave the Columbia docu-series a great review https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/12/the-space-shuttle-that-fell-to-earth-review-a-moving-tribute-to-the-astronauts-who-lost-their-lives-in-the-columbia-disaster

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 13:27, DaveS said:

Did you watch it? 

The Columbia documentary has started off very well I think- exploring the whole thing from very human angles.

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Watched episode 2 of The Space Shuttle That Fell To Earth last night and, it certainly raises some questions about the ethos and decision making processes at NASA at the time.

I think there will be some tearful interviews of engineers and managers in episode 3.

Yeah, watching ep2 it could be said that the crew were killed by protocol and procedure, it made me upset and angry in equal measure.

I hadn't seen the recovered footage of the crew as reentry started, though I did know, from the Scott Manley YT analysis, that some photos had been recovered intact.