Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie saying hello

SunLadMai

Hello everyone - just wanted to say hello - a newbie. Actually hovered on the forum for a long time to read other posts on the best telescope for a beginner. It's a mine field and lots of varying opinions but decided on a StellaLyra 8" Dobsonian. :)

I'm lucky to live near a low light pollution area and we went out last night and the stars were brilliant so very excited to get some use of the SL. 

Now - about those clear skies.....

• Like 4

Hello and welcome to the site. Have a look around and ask away with any quesions. And in the wise words of FLO, clear skies....eventually 😁

Hi guys newbie here. Went on a star night a couple of weeks ago , wow. Always been interested and fascinated by night skies,  and day skies to be honest. I have a small telescope but want to upgrade to something bigger. I want to see it all lol but I also want to take photos of the moon. Am I in the right place 🤔 

16 minutes ago, Sheilamc said:

Hi guys newbie here. Went on a star night a couple of weeks ago , wow. Always been interested and fascinated by night skies,  and day skies to be honest. I have a small telescope but want to upgrade to something bigger. I want to see it all lol but I also want to take photos of the moon. Am I in the right place 🤔 

Hello and welcome, yes, you are in the right place, but I'd suggest starting your own thread (just click on 'start new topic' at the top ) so people will see you are here once this message scrolls away 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 months later...