Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leaping Leopard

Rodd

A pack of hounds chasing a leopard leaping to safety into a tree. A creative mind might consider the strand of stars a dangling rope up which the cat will attempt to scramble.  

TOA 130 with .99x flattener and asi 1600. About 25.5 hours SHO

F407FDF6-8998-48C5-A687-622A3F33762F.thumb.jpeg.1f0a204641946b7306e88659a9b5cbcb.jpeg

• Like 30

1 minute ago, tomato said:

Superb detail, what was your seeing like for those 25.5 hrs?

Hard to say.  It wasn’t great for some but ok for others. But still less than 3” FWHM.  I think the image is 2.6” or something like that. I think the SII was better, around 2.2”. For me that is pretty good. When subs are less than 2.0 I am extatic. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Rodd, superb imaging great imagination and processing but what object is it please. Sorry my big gripe when images are put up without some ‘common’ I D.

11 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Hi Rodd, superb imaging great imagination and processing but what object is it please. Sorry my big gripe when images are put up without some ‘common’ I D.

Isn't it in the core of the rosette?

Great image Rodd, amazing amount of detail in there 👍 I'd love to know where you keep getting all of this clear sky time from ... 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gorann said:

Wow Rodd, it really leaps out! Great image with as much detail as you could ever which for (being on Earth).

Thanks Goran. I wish seeing was 5/5 so the scopes optics would be the limiting factor

• Like 1

17 hours ago, assouptro said:

That's soo smooth and detailed Rodd!

I have a similar image as I am a big fan of the Bok Globules in the rosette but this is another level!

Well done!

Thank you for sharing

Bryan

Thanks Bryan. Yes, I love the Rosette menagerie. Lots of critters in the parade. 

17 hours ago, fwm891 said:

That’s half the fun, seeing if folks can identify the target. That wasn’t the purpose with this one, as I figured everyone was familiar with the menagerie of the Rosette Nebula. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WolfieGlos said:

Isn't it in the core of the rosette?

Great image Rodd, amazing amount of detail in there 👍 I'd love to know where you keep getting all of this clear sky time from ... 

Thanks. There is plenty of clear sky in your computer!  Many of the images I have posted lately are crops or reprocesses.  

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

That's a glorious image! 'Sharp and smooth' has to be the holy grail of narrowband imaging, not that I know anything about it.

Olly

Thanks Olly! Your “not knowing anything about it” is worth more than the opinions of a 1,000 self professed masters!