Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whats in Santa's sack?

amateur-astro

A 6X10 ft shed! I asked Santa for one a couple of weeks back but he said I'm too old to ask him anything unless theirs a drink in it and anyway he wouldn't manage to fit it on his sleigh and the elves were too busy to erect it.

So I bought and built it myself.

Its long been needed to store my telescopes and odd bits and pieces of astro stuff thats been cluttering up my cottage for years.

I'm mainly looking foreward to bringing home my old Siberia TAL150 Equatorial Newt which my sister has been holding for me since circ 2010. I went to her house today to collect it only to discover thats she's using the wooden creates to support a large Christmas tree so will have to wait until January now.😒 

• Like 5

On 26/12/2023 at 13:24, tomato said:

I also got a little crystal solar system paperweight, if you look closely there are a couple of huge comets heading our way..

IMG_1372.thumb.jpeg.d1f2fb5f5849b6dc066b984cd1c1f09c.jpeg

Well... It seems we are sharing same skies... Actually, this crystal ball was given to me on my birthday...

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-27 at 23.52.29.jpeg

• Like 5

Santa here is called "Papa Noel", and he left little interesting things... A lunar calendar for 2024 that includes different ephemeris such as conjunctions, eclipses, etc. A 2" SVBony 34mm and 72º AFOV eyepiece (which is actually 32mm and 70º, a clone of the Orion Q70), this was a self-gift. And a very interesting field guide to deep sky objects, which from my city Bortle 7 it will help me... not much... but very grateful...

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-27 at 23.59.30.jpeg

• Like 7

Very pleased with this gift from my daughter Lulu who designed a logo for my observatory and had it printed on a mug and tee shirt. She also had two of my bespoke blurry Astro images printed on pillowcases in order  that I can lay my old head on the stars. Ah bless as they say in Lowestoft.

59E92607-BB39-4DFA-A857-01A5AF65EFF9.thumb.jpeg.ec5eca8e434cf92817a4241cd3bbae6f.jpeg

• Like 6