Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomy of the Next Return of Halley's Comet

StarMen76

As you know, this month the most famous comet passed the aphelion of its orbit and began to approach the Earth. Her next return is expected in 2061. I suggest you think about what astronomy will be like this year.

My thoughts.
Large observatories in inhabited colonies on the Moon and Mars.
The Hyper Gaia Project is progressing well and is close to cataloging 75 percent of all the stars in our galaxy.

Several of next NASA's Great Observatories were launched on Starships, for example a 10-meter telescope to continue the main scientific tasks of the Webb telescope. 
On Earth, construction of the international 100-meter telescope OWL is nearing completion.

Edited by StarMen76

When it comes to amateur astronomy, there will be many new opportunities. Meteorites on a strict schedule, along with all sorts of starbursts. Scientists will report to amateurs about more phenomena, just like what is happening with the weather now. The exact appearance of new bright comets will be predicted decades in advance.

9 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

And skywatcher handsets will still need the time inputting every time its used.

Marv 

Must admit the first thing I noticed about the new sky watcher mount was it had a usb c connector.  Perhaps when the comet returns skysafari will get starsense working in app on android phones.