Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Uranus from the 15th November 2023

Nigella Bryant

7 minutes ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Thanks Geoff, think I've got one and the Zwo 462mc is good for IR. 

Yes, the 462MC is what I'm using and is very sensitive in IR. I've been using the IR742 Pro Planet, but I think anything from the 600nm through the 742nm range should work fine with the C11. Set your capture at around 30ms (fps) and capture for a few minutes (say, 2 or 3). You should also be able to tease out some moons as well I think. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

Yes, the 462MC is what I'm using and is very sensitive in IR. I've been using the IR742 Pro Planet, but I think anything from the 600nm through the 742nm range should work fine with the C11. Set your capture at around 30ms (fps) and capture for a few minutes (say, 2 or 3). You should also be able to tease out some moons as well I think. Good luck.

Thanks for the tips Geoff 

• Like 1

Excellent!

I'm amazed how much imaging of Uranus has evolved in just a few years.  No longer a boring green/blue disk! Well, it is to me. I haven't got the nack of planetary imaging. I have terrible rows with Firecapture. It's like we are from different planets. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paul M said:

Excellent!

I'm amazed how much imaging of Uranus has evolved in just a few years.  No longer a boring green/blue disk! Well, it is to me. I haven't got the nack of planetary imaging. I have terrible rows with Firecapture. It's like we are from different planets. 

Thanks Paul, I didn't get on with firecapture for planetary imaging either so use sharpcap. It's amazing what is achieved today with new cmos cameras and software. 

• Like 1