Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZWO equivalent to Atik 460ex

Dunc78

I'd guess the 533 isn't as good as the 460 and the 571 ( 2600) sensor is probably slightly better but  there's a lot of difference between cmos data and CCD, and osc and mono

Osc isn't necessarily quicker, it's been said multiple times that it's slower as you need more data 

The 460ex is a awesome camera

Edited by newbie alert
Added info

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

I'd guess the 533 isn't as good as the 460 and the 571 ( 2600) sensor is probably slightly better but  there's a lot of difference between cmos data and CCD, and osc and mono

Osc isn't necessarily quicker, it's been said multiple times that it's slower as you need more data 

The 460ex is a awesome camera

Hmmm, I would argue that both the IMX533 and 571 are much better than the 460 CCD camera…

Interestingly enough, ASI533 is remarkably close to 460ex as far as tech specifications go.

It has smaller pixel size (but more pixels). It has overall the same sensor size ~11.25mm x ~11.25mm vs ~12.5mm x ~10mm.

Peak QE is very similar at 76% vs ~80%

Only problem is pixel size mismatch.

Similarly close to 460ex is ASI183 if one uses super pixel mode. Since it has 2.4um pixel size, twice that will be 4.8um which is close to 4.54 of Atik 460.

Peak QE is at 84% - so that is also very good. People don't like this camera because of amp glow - but it is small and easily calibrated out.

I would not mind using it and would probably pick it before ASI533

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Did I say that the 571 wasn't then??

No, you said the 571 was, I was just re iterating that, and adding the 533 into the mix of being better, maybe i was not clear with my grammar….🤔
plus you said “slightly” better and I stated “much” better….if you want to split hairs…

Edited by Stuart1971

11 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

No, you said the 571 was, I was just re iterating that, and adding the 533 into the mix of being better, maybe i was not clear with my grammar….🤔
plus you said “slightly” better and I stated “much” better….if you want to split hairs…

Splitting hairs, so you say a 533c is better than a 460ex mono

We're all entitled to our own opinion and I still stand by mine

2 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Splitting hairs, so you say a 533c is better than a 460ex mono

We're all entitled to our own opinion and I still stand by mine

Sorry, I missed where the OP stated it was a mono 460…(oh he didn’t !! ) I assumed as he asked about getting a OSC and currently had the 460, and  that the 460 was also OSC… my bad if it is a mono…as the OSC 533 would not be better than that….or would it….🤔🤔

Edited by Stuart1971

23 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Sorry, I missed where the OP stated it was a mono 460…(oh he didn’t !! ) I assumed as he asked about getting a OSC and currently had the 460, and  that the 460 was also OSC… my bad if it is a mono…as the OSC 533 would not be better than that….or would it….🤔🤔

Ok i take that one on the chin

Assuming that it's a osc 460 verses a osc 533 I wouldn't have made a comment, never used either but have friends that have that sensor and yes make pretty pictures, so all good there

But if it's a mono 460 verses a 533c then my statement still stands

Like smarties only the OP has the answer 😜

Edited by newbie alert
Added info
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...