Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AZ-GTi (EQ mode) StellarDrive Dark Frame

JonHigh

Hi all. Just thought I would share this will you all. I bought an AZGTi with a Skymax 102 plus the EQ mod for my daughter who has got into astronomy (can’t think why 😉). After working out that after the firmware update, using it in Alt/Az again was very annoying as SkyWatcher hasn’t worked out how to flip the axis for the different modes! Besides, It wasn’t tracking very well in either mode. The mount was sent off to Dave at Dark Frame having done such an incredible job on my HEQ5. Although I have not guided as yet, I am extremely happy to report that Dave has done it again. Using my Evoguide with SharpCap to do the initial polar alignment we swapped telescopes and used the hand controller instead of the phone. Much easier, although admittedly SkySafari worked very well too. She found 2 alignment stars and happy days from then on. In EQ mode it held Vega in the middle of the eyepiece for over 20mins without any drift whatsoever!  Please don’t ask why it was there for 20mins! 😂 
The GoTo was bang on each time and just held position to wherever she pointed it at. Very happy Daughter and more than happy Dad!!! 

Thank you again Dave. Her interest has only got better and more involved with looking at the heavens above. Learning star names, positions and various other objects. Its good when things just work as they should!!! 

IMG_0869.thumb.jpeg.828016cb285c85d57113fb61ae7993e9.jpeg

Edited by JonHigh
  • Thanks 1

• JonHigh changed the title to AZ-GTi (EQ mode) StellarDrive Dark Frame