Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milkyway goodness

Took a trip out to a spot i have had on the radar for a while. Last night low mist and clouds was forecasted which meant anything low was  probably going to be pants. I had no friends to play out so i asked two of the other kids and  Mrs K if they fancied a late adventure with the bribe of a hot chocolate.  Driving up to this spot about 22:50 we all seen a fireball out the car window due south. brighter than any light source around and my high beams.  I arrived at the llyn and first impression looked promising so grabbed a few shot with the kids and Mrs K tucked them in cosy and made my way down in my waders.  As you can see in the selfie jpeg i was surrounded by mist but the light wind kept it at bay long enough to even capture some in the stacked images and made its own shadow on the surface of the llyn. I love making memories with the family and last night was one of those nights. 

Sony A7 IV 

ISO 5000

F1.4 20MM Sigma Art shot at F1.4 for a test 

x35 lights stacked in sequator 

vertical-denbeighFB.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01668.JPG

Edited by Daniel-K
  • Like 23

2 hours ago, AstroNebulee said:

Wow this is excellent. The images are stunning and so pleased you got to share it with your family. They'll remember the views for a long time. It's a beautiful vista too. 👍

Lee 

they moan when i say im taking them but when they see the milky way with a hot chocolate they love it 

• Like 2