NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SH2-126 The Great Nebula in Lacerta - Samyang135ASI2600mc Askar200QHY600

Laurin Dave

SH2-126 The Great Nebula in Lacerta.  8 hours each of Samyang135ASI2600mc  colour data and Askar200QHY600 Ha data.  Data capture started in  January with another short session in mid July and finally 5 hours last night. Processed using Pixinsight, Photoshop and Russ Cronan's  Star and Noise Exterminators.  Presented at 75pc 

Thanks for looking 

Dave

Lacerts_great_Nebula_Final_7Aug23_V3_75pc.thumb.jpg.c7ed107c2d1a79a894a494dff195b548.jpg

• Like 22

14 hours ago, PeterW said:

Top job, one of those large “off the beaten track” galactic nebulae done very well! Are you looking for other neglected sharpless objects?

Peter

Thanks Peter... as for other Sharpless objects, not especially, I started this back in January whilst waiting for Orion to clear the roof tops as an experiment with the Samyang...  

14 hours ago, peter shah said:

Beatiful shot

Thanks Peter...  one for Pier 5 perhaps?

14 hours ago, tomato said:

Great image Dave, I must try this one out with the RASA8.

Thanks Steve...  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Thanks Peter...  one for Pier 5 perhaps?

Already collecting data on this with the Epsilon130ed 6200mm pro mono rig, it fits the FOV much better with this object, not a wide as yours but wide enough

Edited by peter shah
  • Like 1

Last night I needed a target away from the encroaching low cloud so I centred the RASA8 on SH2-126. They don't call it the Great Nebula in Lacerta for nothing, the QHY268c FOV is nowhere near big enough for this one, and being set up for broadband imaging all I got was the knot of (IFN?) nebulosity which I have given the label the Axolotl Nebula. My broadband SY135 rig subs were plagued with cloud, so not much available from them, this exercise has made me realise how much effort goes into imaging this target.

Image07_AP.thumb.jpg.ccd13dff967c2654be88ea6ae7b224c3.jpg

Image07_AP_Annotated.thumb.jpg.05e016f46200f439790172d4b18e832e.jpg

• Like 2

A great image and you captured it all Dave! Not often seen. I would be tempted to reduce the star field even more with the new XT tools - there is a lot of nebulosity and dust there.

CS, Göran

Edited by gorann

On 08/08/2023 at 21:48, gorann said:

A great image and you captured it all Dave! Not often seen. I would be tempted to reduce the star field even more with the new XT tools - there is a lot of nebulosity and dust there.

CS, Göran

Thanks Goran... I left them like that as they go some way to distracting from the messy background!

Dave

• Like 1