Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC4592, Blue Horsehead.

ollypenrice

Project with Paul Kummer, who drove the scope and did the stacking, calibrating and joining.  2 panel mosaic using RASA8, ASI2600MC Pro, Avalon Linear. Processed in PI and Photoshop.  An interesting large-scale object and ridiculously horse-like to my eye!

BlueHHFINALharderWEB.thumb.jpg.20c65c93cb21435423afb4c0940984c0.jpg

Olly

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Great Result Ollyl.   I put this on my target list recently when I managed to capture the rest of the Antares region at camp, but unfortunately we did not get enough clear skies, so that's that for another year.

Carole

Very nice Olly, the Blues look slightly Green/Teal on my screen maybe reduce the yellow in Blue and Cyan?   I eagerly await your full Samyang 135 Hi Res enhanced Rho Ophiuchi Blue Horsehead mosaic. :)   ...  Also found out on a recent trip to see some friends in Northumberland that I know your old college friend Keith...    Small world!

Dave

7 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice Olly, the Blues look slightly Green/Teal on my screen maybe reduce the yellow in Blue and Cyan?   I eagerly await your full Samyang 135 Hi Res enhanced Rho Ophiuchi Blue Horsehead mosaic. :)   ...  Also found out on a recent trip to see some friends in Northumberland that I know your old college friend Keith...    Small world!

Dave

Coincidence! Keith was here last year...

I agree that the blues do look a little green and I've already reduced that slightly. However, it's very much present in the data and this system isn't prone to any such bias so I thought I'd leave it. Maybe that's how it is or maybe we've got an unusual colour bias but it has been consistent across well separated imaging runs.

Olly

• Like 1

7 hours ago, simmo39 said:

Another lovely image. Not sure if I should add this to my to do list as looks like a long haul project and I get board after about  10 hours worth of data. 

You need an F2 system! (I'm just about to post a widefield version from the Samyang, also F2.(

:grin:lly

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

You need an F2 system! (I'm just about to post a widefield version from the Samyang, also F2.(

:grin:lly

Would love an F2 system but dont think my wife would love it!

If you're patient you can buy them much cheaper 2nd hand. Truly one of the best pieces of astro equipment, and it's not even designed for it, everyone who can should have at least one.

• Like 1