Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A biggish glowing Saturn

Cloudwatcher

I took advantage of the relatively clear conditions on Wednesday to try a few shots of Saturn using the Skymax 127 and Canon 450D.

Here is a cropped and enlarged section of an eyepiece projection through a 4 mm and x3 Barlow,enhanced in Photoshop.

Well,thank you gentlemen all for your kind remarks.;)

I have to say that the end result was better than anticipated and I don't think I will use that particular combination too often......... very difficult to focus and distortion appearing around the edges of the frame.

Cheers again one and all. :rolleyes:

Ron,I've only managed to get out under the stars about six times so far this,year what with the weather and commitments etc. and of those only used the camera on three occasions........ must be getting old,imaging seems to take more time these days which I can't help feeling would be better spent just looking.......

BA,your math is correct although the x1.6 mag. of the Canon does I think have to be factored into the equation somewhere. ;) Anyhow,you can see why I had focusing problems and won't want to try the same setup again for a while.

How are you getting on with the NexImage camera....... do you find it easy to operate?

Cheers again one and all. :rolleyes:

Ron,I've only managed to get out under the stars about six times so far this,year what with the weather and commitments etc. and of those only used the camera on three occasions........ must be getting old,imaging seems to take more time these days which I can't help feeling would be better spent just looking.......

BA,your math is correct although the x1.6 mag. of the Canon does I think have to be factored into the equation somewhere. ;) Anyhow,you can see why I had focusing problems and won't want to try the same setup again for a while.

How are you getting on with the NexImage camera....... do you find it easy to operate?

Yes, I'm really pleased with it. I'm trying mainly for Saturn at the moment and have posted some photos recently (and the moon). Although I can usually end up with a decent planet and rings, I've not got any surface details yet. Seeing round here is quite bad (over Manchester). With a x3 barlow the focal length is only 1500mm, so not a very big image. Good excuse to upgrade to a bigger aperture and f !

Ummm... he's Kieth, I'm Russ ...well, I think I am.. therefore I post this reply... but then again,I could just be arguing in my spare time! :rolleyes:

I like that,very profound and very true.............. Your not a student of philosophy by chance are you,Keith? ;)

Ummm... he's Kieth, I'm Russ ...well, I think I am.. therefore I post this reply... but then again,I could just be arguing in my spare time! :hello2:

Oops! :rolleyes:

I'm sure you are who you are whoever you are because you think you are.

For the present I will apologise for my error under the heading of.......... To whom it may concern. ;)

Archived