NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars - 25 November 2022 (silk purse from a pigs ear it isn't)

geoflewis

I tried everything last night. I opened up at 11pm in clear conditions, but by the time I got Mars on the sensor I had passing clouds which laster over 1 hour. Winds were strong and gusty throughout, so I definitely started to suffer from wind chill. Once the sky cleared it was very apparant that not only was I fighting the wind, but the seeing was dreadful with Mars bouncing around like a 5 year old on a bouncy castle. I tried to focus with the barlow in, then out, with and without the ADC - nothing really worked. I ran few captures just in case....

This is the best 5% from each of 2x6 min SERs, resized from 96dpi to 144dpi in Affinity Photo.

2022-11-25-0047_1-GDL-RGB-LD65_R6(1-1.5-2-2.5)_AFP.jpg.36556488b89253c5938fcb32b4791f0a.jpg

There's not much in the way of detail, but Syrtis Major is front and central with Hellas below it towards the south pole. The north polar hood and some clouds in the south are also visible.

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 17

48 minutes ago, Kon said:

Nice one Geof. Despite the weather you are still pulling a good image. The bouncing statement made me laugh!

Thanks Kostas, got to laugh, or I'd be crying with this rubbish weather 🤣

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 1

Where Just flogging dead horses here Geof. You and me both know. if the conditions were good the quality would be on a totally different level. Especially you. Can see you made the most of it. But still where not where we should be. Let's hope the conditions allow better. so far, The Uk has disappointed at nearly full size so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Where Just flogging dead horses here Geof. You and me both know. if the conditions were good the quality would be on a totally different level. Especially you. Can see you made the most of it. But still where not where we should be. Let's hope the conditions allow better. so far, The Uk has disappointed at nearly full size so far.

Yep, I think everyone in the UK is very frustrated with these ongoing poor conditions. We keep going though....🤞