Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

saturn 30th march BW

neil phillips

This is my second go with saturn and a new custom scope built for me by Orion Optics. My first attempt wasnt that great. these are starting to show a little more promise. DMK 21 televue 3x with extender tube. SPX 300 f6 1/12th EQ6 Mount Baarder red filter captured in y800, i noticed a couple of captures seem to show a spot in the same place as Nicks images, Ive been told its a moon. but Nicks is showing a storm is this coincedence ?

3399381376_12d73391df.jpg

Resizes

3398825885_fbbe2a258b_o.png

3398374903_7cd18b93ea_o.png

Thanks Guys, I'm having a lot of problems getting this setup to perform which I'm currently working on. These images are certainly better than my first attempt with a DFK colour camera but I'm still not happy with the way it's performing. Some of the problems can be read on equipment help

Hi Rog at some point I will be going the RGB way but at the moment I have no filter wheel or filters and want to work on image quality before doing this

Thanks Steve i think the system is not right yet i have numerouse problems going on at once collimation, and other issues, but i think in time ( i might need help on this ) it may well deliver what i was hoping for.

Lol peter like anything technique and good seeing is the key. but good Equipment is so important too. get all this working. and results will eventually happen

This is going to get confusing, well here goes...

Great images of Saturn, I'm also think of stepping up to one of these DMK series of cameras. I'm still using an SPC900 at the moment and its fast becoming the limiting factor... Where can I find the thread on the DMK21?

Neil H.

Thanks again

Not sure what you mean about thread on the DMK21 theres plenty of info on the net though, just type DMK 21au04, there amazing cameras will leave a spc for dead.

Another astronomer checked for the moon positions on the time of capture. and there was none, it seems most likely it was the storm of recent times, it can be seen moving on my captures

Archived