Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IAS 2022 Main Hall Tour

Chris

Wanting to share my experience of the 2022 International Astronomy Show Friday and Saturday (the first one since 2019 for obvious reasons) I quickly nipped around the main hall with the GoPro to give folks that couldn't attend the general vibe, and a look at the shiny equipment of course ;)

I personally had a great time working the event on the FLO/IKARUS Observatory stand talking to equally obsessed folk face to face, and although not as busy as 2019 there was a real nice atmosphere. I recorded the main hall before the doors opened so a bit of behind the scenes, and once again as people started to filter in.

Thank you all those that stopped and chatted throughout the event and clear skies!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Thanks for sharing the vid, Chris. Great to get a feel for the show.

Any chance you could do a version when you edit everything out except fracs?
🤣

The directors cut... 'Tak'ie' in a good way 😆

• Haha 2

Thanks very much for the taster video, I was a bit under the weather this weekend and didn’t make it, so nice to see some of the kit on show. The Pulsar Dome looks like a new design, would that be the reveal FLO we’re referring to?

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Thanks very much for the taster video, I was a bit under the weather this weekend and didn’t make it, so nice to see some of the kit on show. The Pulsar Dome looks like a new design, would that be the reveal FLO we’re referring to?

Hey sorry to hear you were too under the weather to make it and I'm glad the vid helped a little :) 

Yes Pulsar have new obsy's and we have a few other reveals such as the StellaMira ED125mm f7.8 CF doublet refractor, prototype parallelogram mount, and the IKARUS remote observatory project for solar, planetary and deep sky imaging from Spain to get around our inclement weather ☁️ 💦

Edited by Chris
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tomato said:

The Pulsar Dome looks like a new design, would that be the reveal FLO we’re referring to?

That was their new Pulsar observatory. Essentially a more modern design, easier to transport and easier to home assemble. Otherwise same as original (currently still ongoing).

As soon as they give us the thumbs-up we will add it to our website 🙂 

Steve

• Thanks 1