Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my first mars,not sure im happy or not?

iwols

18 minutes ago, iwols said:

Capture Area=800x600

with ROI enabled, you can actually image just around the Planet, as you do not need all the black area around.
It will save much time for processing and etc, plus will enable to do MORE subs per sec. and you want as MUCH subs per sec as Possible.
As per other settings, - keep and eye on the Hystogram, it should be somethere around middle or "middle/slight right" , in other words 50%-70%, -  with as short exposures as you can.
Try different gains, max or Unity, no use to go for 0 gain.

• Like 1

Thats a nice Mars.

You could image for a lot longer, and with a smaller ROI. That will also pump up your framerates and give you loads of frames.

With 320x240 and 4ms exposures youll be racking 100k frames quite fast so might be worth trying that next time. Not sure what the lowest useful exposure time is though, often have read that 5ms is the seeing limit.

• Like 1

The number of frames is OK. You could reduce the ROI and try increasing the gain - I don't know if 76 is high or low for that camera. 

With my ASI462MC and the smallest ROI, the exposure time is sub 1 ms on Mars. 

The details of how you do the processing make a lot of difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

Much more contrast! :)

completely forgot, - try to apply Drizzle x2 or x3 while stacking.  You will end up with larger Final image

Could be worth a try, but i am doubtful in this case since the image is already around the size it would need to be if all the available detail were resolved. Drizzling a properly sampled/oversampled image will just result in a bigger blurry image, but no more detail.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2022 at 13:46, iwols said:

well my first ever Mars taken last night,great to finally get this ,not sure where to go any comments advice welcome cheers

00_29_51_____100r_24T_2076regEDIT.jpg.582481f70c1d9311af8a3e8e072fb885.jpg

you are a planetary imager, of course you are not happy 🙂  It is a very nice start though, not being truly happy is what drives us on to keep capturing.

• Like 1