Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarians Chain

Beyond_Vision

I spent 3 hours on this last night as it clear around 11.00pm. The first hour of subs for some reason had alot lower score on DSS so stacked around 2 hours worth.

It was quite difficult to process as there were some gradients and the galaxies have quite a dynamic range.

Whilst this was being taken I had my DSLR piggy backed ontop taken in a wider scene with a 200mm lens. I will have a stab at processing that later.

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture1385

Regards

Kevin

It's taken with a  CCD camera. The dark frames were from a previous night so may not be the best match. I didn't attempt to smooth out the background as it would have killed some of the very small detail in the galaxies. I have redone the image as I had over compensated for the vignetting.

Regards

Kevin

Never mind the width just look at the depth...You have gone a lot deeper in that one ... some very small (distant) fuzzies in there... The combination of aperture, exposure time and sensitivity of the cam, processing skills - and much better skies has made a big differnece...

I'm trying to work out realistically how much time I can spend on each pane of the "biggy" I am still hoping that 10x300s at ISO1600 under better sky conditions will be enough as thats still 21 hours of imaging needed... i reckon i can get max of 4 hours per night on it for optimal imaging so I'll have to work in rows from right to left at each opportunity...

Peter...

That really is very nice! I remember seeing it for the first time last year (martin I think it was).

It's quite a breath taking image really when you realise just how many little fussy things there are.

Very nice indeed!

Cheers

Ant

That really is very nice! I remember seeing it for the first time last year (martin I think it was).

It's quite a breath taking image really when you realise just how many little fussy things there are.

Very nice indeed!

Cheers

Ant

I think you will find it was SteveL who did it last year I think it was with the WO66SD and QHY8.

Regards

Kevin

Archived