Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ISS over UK on 17 May 2022

ISS was passing over UK at 2218 tonight and the clouds cleared just on time, although i could hear thunder not too far from where I was. 8" Dob, manual tracking, asi120mc-s, 2x barlow. I reordered over 30000 frames with around a 80% success rate. I stacked some of them, no further sharpening. PIPP and autostakkert. I found that at 67degrees pass i get the best view of the panels. I think the exposure could be less (asicapture settings were 0.7ms and 30 gain)

ISS3.png.288a9c81f5a329f8863ea5e098bd9a4f.pngISS2.png.61a72b529459751b916b9cc69d39292f.pngISS1.png.dd6889285495af2c6d098515f693c0c9.png

• Like 32

Went out just to check I had locked the shed as it was going overhead. It seemed extraordinarily bright against the still not fully dark sky, just Arcturus and a few other bright stars visible.  Great capture! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, morimarty said:

They are fantastic captures Kon. The clarity in the middle shot is exceptional. It is a very difficult exercise to capture the ISS but you have nailed it. Very well done.

I found that when it is directly overhead (90 degrees) the features are harder to come out. I hope to give another try this week since there are a few passes (weather is looking okish for now).

8 hours ago, neil phillips said:

As Martyn said excellent captures Kon. you did well.

Thanks Neil, very pleased with improving my ISS shots.

1 hour ago, Len1257 said:

Went out just to check I had locked the shed as it was going overhead. It seemed extraordinarily bright against the still not fully dark sky, just Arcturus and a few other bright stars visible.  Great capture! 

Yes it looked really bright last night; i think that's why it was easier to track since I could see the crosshair.