Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

In a Galaxy far, far away

assouptro

Here is one of this seasons galaxy pix 

Whilst imaging this I got to wondering if someone on a distant planet in that galaxy was taking images of the Milky Way? 
Then I fantasised they might be taking an image that would include me taking an image of them? Then the maths kicked in and I realised if the said extra terrestrial was to image the milkyway including my timeline it   will take the light emitted by our sun around 38million years to reach them! 

I suddenly felt mortal and insignificant! 

ah well. 
here is my insignificant image of NGC 4565 The needle galaxy in Coma Berenices

0B925101-71B4-4500-820D-CBD9927C9583.thumb.jpeg.cd59abd026df47223841b099750a8cd4.jpeg

Thanks for looking 

Bryan

• Like 16

Very nice image. Not to disappoint you, but for anyone doing AP in that galaxy, the Milky Way will be hidden behind their own galaxy's dust, much like IC 342. Unless they live on a planet on the very edge of their galaxy, that is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wimvb said:

Very nice image. Not to disappoint you, but for anyone doing AP in that galaxy, the Milky Way will be hidden behind their own galaxy's dust, much like IC 342. Unless they live on a planet on the very edge of their galaxy, that is.

Thanks for the comment!

I was hoping they would be in one of the outer spiral arms, close to the edge (a bit like us) where it’s quiet enough for life to have a chance to evolve, 😊

Bryan 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, assouptro said:

Here is one of this seasons galaxy pix 

Whilst imaging this I got to wondering if someone on a distant planet in that galaxy was taking images of the Milky Way? 
Then I fantasised they might be taking an image that would include me taking an image of them? Then the maths kicked in and I realised if the said extra terrestrial was to image the milkyway including my timeline it   will take the light emitted by our sun around 38million years to reach them! 

I suddenly felt mortal and insignificant! 

ah well. 
here is my insignificant image of NGC 4565 The needle galaxy in Coma Berenices

0B925101-71B4-4500-820D-CBD9927C9583.thumb.jpeg.cd59abd026df47223841b099750a8cd4.jpeg

Thanks for looking 

Bryan

Nice image and  detail.

• Thanks 1

It is a quite humbling notion that  for some alien imager to capture our galaxy at the time you imaged theirs, if life and evolution follows a universal timeline, their species hasn’t actually evolved yet…

Great image BTW.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, andy fearn said:

Nice image and  detail.

Thank you

I was quite happy that I managed to squeeze some detail out of it as I was imaging at bin 2x2 with an Atik 460 (6mp) so by my reckoning around 1.5 mp? 

thanks again for the comment 

Bryan 

4 hours ago, tomato said:

It is a quite humbling notion that  for some alien imager to capture our galaxy at the time you imaged theirs, if life and evolution follows a universal timeline, their species hasn’t actually evolved yet…

Great image BTW.

Thanks for the comment 

I find this hobby sometimes puts things into a different perspective, one where it doesn't matter if I've remembered to submit a meter reading, as a poor example. 

We are very lucky to exist at all, let alone in this time of discovery and scientific progress and I sometimes get frustrated by the lack of awareness of our privilege 

Existential rant aside, thanks again for taking the time to comment 

Bryan 

4 hours ago, maw lod qan said:

But if we are just fantasizing, they could be seeing you and our galaxy with just their mind!

Never underestimate the power of the force!

I forgot to add, nice image!👍

Thanks for the comment

I truly hope there is some element of truth in that!  

It would be awesome to think evolution and scientific discovery could eventually  allow us to exist in more than 3 dimensions!

Bryan