Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leslie Peltier’s residence in Delphos for sale

JeremyS

Looks fantastic, and it would be right up my street but for two things. First, it isn't actually up my street, and second, I'd need your wallet Jeremy. Actually it's a gift at the asking price, and to think that Starlight Nights was written there makes it all the more appealing. It's a shame that his 6" comet seeker and the amazing 12" Clarke refractor aren't still there. I named my observatory after Peltier's home - Brookhaven. How sad is that!?

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

Looks fantastic, and it would be right up my street but for two things. First, it isn't actually up my street, and second, I'd need your wallet Jeremy. Actually it's a gift at the asking price, and to think that Starlight Nights was written there makes it all the more appealing. It's a shame that his 6" comet seeker and the amazing 12" Clarke refractor aren't still there. I named my observatory after Peltier's home - Brookhaven. How sad is that!?

I think @paulastro would miss you too much anyway, Mike.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

It's very, very,very very sad 😊.

• Haha 1

Would suit painter and decorator with OCD and plentiful supply of sandpaper and paint. Yikes, look at those gables!

Very nice, though. There's a similar house up in Canada. Similar but - cooler.

And on that note...

Olly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Would suit painter and decorator with OCD and plentiful supply of sandpaper and paint. Yikes, look at those gables!

Very true - sounds like a nightmare. But Peltier enthused about the Victorian gingerbread gables etc (a gable drawing is on the front cover I’d one). When he bought it the 40s he understood it to be all original 1860s. I wonder if it still is.

Anyway, it is clear that @mikeDnight and @paulastro will have their work cut out. Maybe FLO cAn arrange for 2 sets of SGL-embroidered overalls to be presented to them before they depart.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, callisto said:

Lovely house and not a bad price...Imagine how much this would cost in the London area?  😲

This will do, less painting but no land 😁 £22m or £0.45m ??

1368D295-C7A3-4020-8506-CB6403A19C09.jpeg

• Sad 1