Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Shocked to the core!

at how beautiful the Milkway is 😊

The nearly 4 hour round trip in the early hours of this morning to the South Coast was definitely worth it!

x20 90sec subs iso 1600 at f2.8 

Fuji XT2 16-55mm f2.8 lens at 16mm and the SW Star Adventurer. Sky stacked and process with a single foreground image taken on location.

Absolute nightmare to process with no flats so its not perfect but happy to leave it where it's at... for now.

Milkwaycoreatthecoast.jpg

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 26

5 minutes ago, Rustang said:

Absolute nightmare to process with no flats so its not perfect but happy to leave it where it's at... for now.

Leave it as is - I don't think you can do anything to improve it.

It looks excellent - well balanced composition, very natural blending of foreground with background, really excellent image.

One of rare images where you can just look at milky way and "feel" that you are floating around the massive bundle of stars filled with gas and dust.

Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Leave it as is - I don't think you can do anything to improve it.

It looks excellent - well balanced composition, very natural blending of foreground with background, really excellent image.

One of rare images where you can just look at milky way and "feel" that you are floating around the massive bundle of stars filled with gas and dust.

Well done!

Really appreciate the comments Vlaiv 👍

7 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

@Rustang Nice one.  Great depth!

As you are using a dslr.  The lens orientation to sensor will be a constant?  You can take some flats at home??

Cheers, Paul.

Ive tried and tried on many occasions to take DSLR flats and failed with every different attempt so just gave up! I know every-which way and the info behind it all aswell but still had no decent correction with any Ive taken 😔

Edited by Rustang
  • Haha 1

@Rustang very true!!  I use lens profile correction in Lightroom nowadays.  Though tweaked manually as 100% correction setting is too much.  Also tried GradientXterminator in Photoshop...

Well worth your trip out!

Edited by clarkpm4242
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, clarkpm4242 said:

@Rustang very true!!  I use lens profile correction in Lightroom nowadays.  Though tweaked manually as 100% correction setting is too much.  Also tried GradientXterminator in Photoshop...

Well worth your trip out!

Yeah Gradient Xterminator has been great and also the Astro-flat preset, it gets a lot of it cleaned up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Beautiful image, well worth the effort for this end result. As others have said no improvement needed, it is beautiful as it is

Thanks very much 😊

1 hour ago, FenlandPaul said:

Love that @Rustang - the Rho Oph region is stunning.  I bet that was a fun adventure.  Looking forward to some un-light-polluted core action in the next few weeks.

Yeah you can't beat a little road trip especially if it ends at lovely dark skies! I could see the Millyway by eye all the way to the horizon 😊

Edited by Rustang
  • Like 1