Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fun is.......

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2022 at 15:10, cajen2 said:

One of the best nights in my life was on a boat.....alone at the helm of a 35 foot yawl on the east coast of Malaysia as a teenager. Everyone else was asleep, the Milky Way was glorious, the water was full of phosphorescence....it has never got better than that.

Try being on a nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the Med with the setting sun on the port quarter and watch the dolphins below you.  That was a fine way to end the watch.

3 hours ago, Mike Q said:

Try being on a nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the Med with the setting sun on the port quarter and watch the dolphins below you.  That was a fine way to end the watch.

Nah, you can keep your nuclear-powered carriers.....😉 There's nothing like sailing in light airs for peace and tranquillity. ❤️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cajen2 said:

Nah, you can keep your nuclear-powered carriers.....😉 There's nothing like sailing in light airs for peace and tranquillity. ❤️

I would go there in between flight ops just to chill out.  Almost 100k tons and 1100 feet long and all you hear is the sound of the water sliding along the hull.  It is the coolest thing.

On 22/03/2022 at 15:41, cajen2 said:

I'm sure it's fun, but to me skateboarding shares with windsurfing the title of the silliest way to get from A to B that man has ever devised! 😛😄

How about yacht racing - invent the slowest form of transport imaginable - then race them!! 

• Haha 1

On 22/03/2022 at 19:10, cajen2 said:

One of the best nights in my life was on a boat.....alone at the helm of a 35 foot yawl on the east coast of Malaysia as a teenager. Everyone else was asleep, the Milky Way was glorious, the water was full of phosphorescence....it has never got better than that.

Sailing up the West Coast of Scotland, seeing the stars come out at night, staying up all night and then seeing the Moon and Venus in the early hours of the morning. So stunning I did a drawing :)

Malcolm

16489216175975100730380922732838.thumb.jpg.f8cc86cb0a9246e909074ad8260f7ad6.jpg

• Like 5

Fun is sitting out in the dark, listening to passing nature such as Norah the Bat, The Owls and Passing Foxes and Badgers,
all as I sit in silence and enjoy observing. That's a good night.
Only made better with being joined by a Daughter to Observe with or a Nice Cup of Tea or even better, both of these.

Skateboards,,,,windsurfing,,,, oh no, no, no far to dangerous for a clutz such as I.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Fun is sitting out in the dark, listening to passing nature such as Norah the Bat, The Owls and Passing Foxes and Badgers,
all as I sit in silence and enjoy observing. That's a good night.
Only made better with being joined by a Daughter to Observe with or a Nice Cup of Tea or even better, both of these.

Skateboards,,,,windsurfing,,,, oh no, no, no far to dangerous for a clutz such as I.

Being joined by a son or daughter is definitely the best! Moments to cherish!

Malcolm

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, THEGREAT said:

aww, that must be so much fun

It is when she asks, "so what star is it?". 

"Is it near the moon?"

"No. The other side of the sky."

Sigh....

• Like 1

Two nights ago making a snap decision to observe the moon in between the clouds and laughing whilst looking through the eyepiece because the moon looked so good. 

I cant belive this still happens to me Ive been looking at the moon through telescopes since I was twelve you'd think at fifty five the novelty would have worn off. But no its still a lot of fun. 

Happy nights and found memories. 

Edited by StarryEyed
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...