Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A much improved redo of old gold.... oversampled mosaic with APM 140 from April

WestCoastCannuck

I don't remember the last time I imaged.    Since October, nothing but clouds and rain, rain, rain.

I have gone back to this one a couple times.....  but this time, I think I got it right.   For one....  I figured out that I was shooting with more MAG than I thought.   I redid all the sorting, stacking, stitching and processing.    I see perhaps the most details I have ever got in a mosaic.  Please look for your favourite hard to see features...  many are there!  

Full WAY oversampled....    APM 140 F7 @ F16.8, 520nm, 183MM camera.  4 panels.  150 of 2000 each panel.  60 MP

111111-2.thumb.jpg.8128bc4ee948dc40ff2e2cc8f0931d8c.jpg

And this one is reduced to the critical sampling for my  scope, camera and filter used.  (F11.3)

111111.thumb.jpg.1692f66405ef93a943ebf2bc25de9849.jpg

Hope some of you are getting clear skies.

Very best

Mike

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
typos
  • Like 13

That is stunning Mike. You nailed that. Prefer the top closer view. On my 4 k monitor. There is no weak areas, Smooth sharp. Setting the quality level on lunar with your scope. Cant really do much better i dont think ? 

Your right on the edge sharpening wise. Kind of where i tend to normally sit.  Down to tiny amounts of detail. 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everybody!   Was most satisfying to turn up a little gold in my fishing through older stuff.   By the look of the weather, I shall have much more opportunity to do more.    The time is not at all a write off....   redoing things at leisure lets us experiment and learn new things.

@ Neil....  thanks my friend!   A rarity here in my processing choices actually - was unable to get Deconvolution working on this file to my satisfaction.   As you know, for virtually ALL my full disc singles and mosaics I use Deconvolution.   For this file though, 90% of the sharpening was with wavelets in Astra Image, then a very light deconvolution pass after, with a final light edge sharpening in Lightroom.

Clear skies everyone!!

Mike

• Like 1

Thought it had more of a wavelets feel to it. Hence my other comments. Good your using your eye to guide different things. Its how we get that magic balance. Sometimes hit and miss. But when it hits. its obviouse when Its working, good stuff Mike. Why oh why has the weather just turned into a noahs ark moment. Always the way. when new scopes strike. 

• Like 1